Valentine’s Day is here! While you are showing your loved ones some extra care today, don’t forget to do the same for your home! Show your home some love this Valentine’s Day!Here are five ways you can show your home some love this Valentine’s Day.
- Check the seals. Gaps in the seals on your doors and windows can compromise your home’s thermal envelope and invite unwanted moisture as well as pests into your home.
- Replace worn weather stripping around doors and windows. Did you know that worn weather stripping can create drafts and let cold air in? This puts a high demand on your furnace and takes away your comfort. Replacing it takes little time and is a low-cost, high-impact solution.
- Change your furnace filter. A dirty furnace filter means less efficiency and that costs money! Check your furnace filter monthly and if it’s dirty, change it or have it changed. Moreover, have a technician come in and inspect the entire furnace at least once per year.
- Update light bulbs to LEDs to save money. LED is a highly energy-efficient lighting technology, and has the potential to fundamentally change the future of lighting in the United States. Residential LEDs—especially ENERGY STAR rated products—use at least 75 percent less energy, and last 25 times longer than incandescent lighting (energy.gov).
- Add an automatic thermostat. You can save money and increase energy efficiency on your heating and cooling bills by simply resetting your thermostat when you are asleep or away from home. You can do this automatically, without sacrificing comfort, by installing an automatic setback or programmable thermostat.
In short, there are many steps you can take to make your home warmer and more energy efficient. Contact us to see how!
Happy Valentine’s Day!